Director, Finance & Operations
Job Summary: Coordinate and oversee the Institute’s day-to-day operations, including financial activities. Direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries and create forecasts predicting future growth and other key measurements. Responsible for the administration, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of HR administrative functions, including payroll and benefits administration. Administer corporate finance functions and support development and implementation of strategic goals of the organization. Serves as a role model consistently living and representing the Company values, at all times acting in the best interests of CMR Institute. https://www.cmrinstitute.org/careers/
Financial & Accounting Focus
- Prepare and provide relevant reports such as consolidated financial statements, dashboards, key performance indicators, etc. as well as more detailed strategic analyses (ROI, cost/benefit analyses, predictive revenue modeling, margin analysis, contractual impact analysis, etc.) in support of new business initiatives and resource allocations affecting profitability, growth and productivity
- Manage organizational budget process to ensure ongoing accurate forecasting analysis, preparation and adjustment, variance reporting to financial data (actual vs. forecast, etc.)
- Study long-range economic trends and project their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Manage compliance and risk management function including corporate insurance policies to ensure protection of corporate assets and employees; oversee legal matters including contracts, service agreements, leases, etc.
- Partner with external vendors to manage business initiatives such as investment activities and cash management strategies to maximize cash flow and funds investment
- Coordinate preparation of schedules for annual financial audit or other audits; prepare annual 990 and SCC filings; comply with local, state, federal reporting requirements
- Mitigate financial risk to organization by providing oversight of internal controls and keeping up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and compliance matters including but not limited to corporate contracts, guarding not-for-profit and tax-exempt status and proper documentation with various agencies and authorities as required
- Accountable for corporate recordkeeping requirements, accounting file management; and maintenance of legal records and related retention policies
Compliance and HR Administration Focus
- Serve as benefit administrator to include developing/modifying related programs, providing benefits education to staff, managing open enrollment processes, managing 401(k) / Profit Sharing, Workman’s Compensation and COBRA requirements
- Manage administrative activities to include payroll administration, benefit and payroll invoicing/reconciliation processes and related benefits administration
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations to mitigate organizational risk; Maintain up-to-date knowledge and advise management of areas impacting business; report OSHA compliance
- Work with hiring managers to assess and develop future staffing plans; evaluate, write, and classify job descriptions to ensure most accurate reflection of role
- Work with executive team to create and manage competitive compensation programs; analyze compensation, conduct wage and salary surveys and recommend ranges; practice and resolve internal equity issues; participate in development of annual sales and executive incentive plan with input from varying sources
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies, practices, and procedures consistent with state and federal laws; manage and monitor employee policies to reflect current practice; manage personnel related documents and applicable retention requirements
- Provide recruitment and staffing support for all non-exempt and exempt level staff positions; partner with hiring managers to assess and develop recruiting strategies; write and place employment ads, coordinate and participate with interviews and assist with final selection decisions
- Work with CEO/President or designee to plan and coordinate staff and team development activities in support of organizational objectives, workforce engagement; Assist managers with mentoring and developing employee performance to ensure business goals are met using competency map, mission, vision, and values
Business Development Focus
- Works with executive team on market research function; reviews market data analysis and reports; effectively incorporates findings into viable business goals
- Works with executive team to develop business justification and decision-making tools to pursue or not pursue certain markets and/or opportunities.
- Work with sales and business development to provide pricing support and to review and edit contract provisions for the administration of proposals
Key Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies Required/Desired (See Competency Map):
1. Institute-wide view 4. Deals with Complexity
2. Implementation 5. Integrity
3. Communication 6. Business Acumen
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business-related field; Advanced degree in related field and professional designation preferred (CPA, CMA); May consider a combination of related work and academic experience.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
5-7 years’ experience in accounting or corporate finance areas with heavy emphasis on independently managing multiple functions; 2-5 years’ direct experience HR / benefits coordination experience; Upper management experience preferred.
Hybrid Professional office environment; may have periodic travel and work beyond core hours.